Assisting Massachusetts manufacturers to bolster cybersecurity
The Manufacturing Cybersecurity Program (MCP), an MMAP program, provides up to $30,000 in capital cost share for cybersecurity infrastructure improvement projects located within the Commonwealth’s borders, as part of the state’s on-going commitment to the manufacturing industry.
This program aims to help Massachusetts-based small- to medium-sized manufacturers enhance cybersecurity infrastructure to meet requirements from customers, strengthen the security of their networks, and allow them to enter additional markets.
Full details can be found on the procurement page:
- Applicants must be Massachusetts-based manufacturers seeking to meet cybersecurity standards such as CMMC, ISO 27001, AICPA SOC2, or other mappable, equivalent cybersecurity frameworks
- Manufacturers must partner with an institution of higher education, non-profit, or other public or quasi-public entity legally organized in Massachusetts to receive a grant. This partnership is to help establish new connections within the ecosystem that lead to growth
- Grants are available for up to $30,000 in capital purchases of cybersecurity infrastructure, such as badge readers, cameras, servers, network switches, or security appliances such as firewalls
- Manufacturers must complete a third-party cybersecurity assessment prior to, but not more than twelve months before applying
- A minimum of 1:1 cost share is required. The match can be in the form of cash or in-kind contributions from the applicant, third parties, other private investments, or federal grants. Fees previously incurred from the required third-party cybersecurity assessment may count towards 1:1 cost share. Any fees required from the non-profit partner can be considered as part of the manufacturer’s cost share. Match cannot be from any other state funds.
Application Process and Criteria
This program is accepting applications on a rolling basis. Proposals will be reviewed, evaluated, and notified of acceptance upon receipt of a completed proposal that is responsive to the solicitation’s requirements and includes all required application components.
Grant Solicitation Details
Applications Due: Rolling through June 28, 2024
If you have any questions about this program, please email email@example.com.