Massachusetts has made a substantial commitment to develop the Manufacturing USA infrastructure within the state’s academic, research and manufacturing industry. Through the creation of sector-specific Manufacturing USA Centers, M2I2 will advance innovations and job growth within the state through cross-collaboration among companies, universities, national labs, government, incubators, accelerators and other academic and training institutions.
- $100M Commitment to Manufacturing Innovation, through a capital grant Program to secure our advanced manufacturing leadership
- Over 30 collaborative projects to date connecting manufacturers with universities, other companies, FFRDCs and the Manufacturing USA communities
- Manufacturing Innovation Infrastructure: Launched Laboratories for Education & Application Prototypes (LEAPs) and Fabric Discovery Centers (FDCs)
- Major education and prototyping centers in advanced photonics, fabrics, robotics and flexible electronics.
- Over $80M leveraged from other sources
- Over 100 companies impacted
- Over 100 new products enabled
- Over 300 Entrepreneurs assisted
- Enabling pathways for thousands of students and workers
Manufacturing USA Centers
Grants are made available through these four centers:
Massachusetts Selected to Partner in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Innovation: