Massachusetts has made a substantial commitment to developing the Manufacturing USA infrastructure within the state’s academic, research and manufacturing industry. Through the creation of sector-specific Manufacturing USA Centers, M2I2 will advance innovations and job growth within the state through cross-collaboration among companies, universities, national labs, government, incubators, accelerators, and other academic and training institutions.
- $100M Commitment to Manufacturing Innovation through a capital grant program
- Over 70M invested to date on business expansion and educational projects to secure our advanced manufacturing leadership
- Over 60 collaborative projects created to date connecting manufacturers with universities, other companies, FRDCs, and the Manufacturing USA communities
- Manufacturing Innovation Infrastructure investments by launching four Laboratories for Education & Application Prototypes (LEAPs) and three Fabric Discovery Centers (FDCs)
- Regional multi-million dollar education and prototyping centers in advanced photonics, fabrics, robotics, and flexible electronics.
- Over $90M leveraged from other sources
- Over 150 companies impacted
- 100's of jobs created
- Over 100 new products enabled
- Over 350 Entrepreneurs assisted
- Enabling training for thousands of students and workers
Manufacturing USA Centers
Grants are made available through these four centers:
Massachusetts Selected to Partner in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Innovation: