Massachusetts has made a substantial commitment to developing the Manufacturing USA infrastructure within the state’s academic, research and manufacturing industry. Through the creation of sector-specific Manufacturing USA Centers, M2I2 will advance innovations and job growth within the state through cross-collaboration among companies, universities, national labs, government, incubators, accelerators, and other academic and training institutions.
- Over $80M invested to date on business expansion and educational projects to secure our advanced manufacturing leadership.
- Over 60 collaborative projects created to date connecting manufacturers with universities, other companies, and R&D Centers, Federally Funded R&D Centers (FFRDCs), and the Manufacturing USA communities.
- Manufacturing Innovation Infrastructure investments by launching four Laboratories for Education & Application Prototypes (LEAPs) and three Fabric Discovery Centers (FDCs).
- Regional multi-million dollar education and prototyping centers in advanced photonics, fabrics, robotics, and flexible electronics.
- Over $250M leveraged from other sources
- Over 150 companies impacted
- 100's of jobs created
- Over 100 new products enabled
- Over 350 Entrepreneurs assisted
- Enabling training for thousands of students and workers
Manufacturing USA Centers
Grants are made available through these 12 centers:
Massachusetts Selected to Partner in Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Innovation: